The mission of the Rio Linda Preparatory Library Media Center is to teach students to be effective users of information and to encourage and prepare students to be life-long learners. This mission is accomplished by:
- Providing instruction in information literacy
- Providing intellectual and physical access to informational materials in a variety of formats and media
- Stimulating interest in reading and in finding and using information and ideas promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- Working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to augment teaching
- Supporting the school's curriculum and reading initiatives
Do the DEWEY RAP!
Is the library a scary, confusing and intimidating conglomeration of call numbers and titles? Have you been known to have panic attacks or break out in hives at the thought of locating a book? Your fears are over! Let Melvil Dewey break it down for you at: